What is the name for the Finno-Ugric people who live in large parts of Norway and Sweden, northern parts of Finland, and the Murmansk Oblast of Russia?


Sami people
🙂 You’re right! The Sami people have historically been called “Lapps” or “Laplanders” in English, but the name “Sami” is preferred.
Finnic people
Oops — try again! Finnic peoples
Rus’ people
Nope, give it another shot! Rus’ people
Guess again! “Suomi” refers to Finland or the Finnish language.
Sorry, want to pick another?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s